The overall project objective is to improve livelihood options for rice farmers in three provinces through an ecologically sustainable increase in rice production and an improved linkage to quality markets.
The achievement of the above mentioned objective will be measured using the following indicators:
- At least 3,000 rice farmers in three provinces apply recommended successfully tested smart rice cultivation systems.
- Developed concepts for smart rice cultivation systems show 20% gross margin increase through enhanced productivity and/or reduced application of agricultural inputs compared to farmers’ current practice.
- Suitable and appropriate rice standards for quality markets have been developed and officially approved.
- At least 270 tons of high quality rice (according to the new rice standard) were produced in each of the three provinces.
- Concepts for the successful implementation of public-private-partnership projects have been developed and submitted to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.